Lychee can assist in weight reduction due to its low calories. It is rich in dietary fiber and promotes the feeling of fullness. Incorporating lychee into a balanced diet, while maintaining regular exercise, can be a beneficial part of healthy weight loss plan.
If you are struggling with losing weight then book an appointment with a nutritionist right now.
- Lychee promotes feelings of fullness, controls hunger, and aids in weight loss goals.
- It contains a lot of water, which can help you stay hydrated and assist in a healthy weight loss journey.
Nutritional Value of Lychee
Lychee is a tropical fruit recognized for its candy and floral aroma. It is high in vitamin C, and antioxidants, and helps with general fitness.
The following nutrients are found in 100 grams of fresh lychees:
- Calories: 66 kcals
- Carbohydrates: 16.5 g
- Fat: 0.44 g
- Fibre: 1.3 g
- Protein: 0.83 g
- Potassium: 171 mg
- Vitamin C: 71.5 mg
- Phosphorus: 31 g
- Magnesium: 10 mg
- Iron: 0.31 mg
- Calcium: 5 mg
- Zinc: 0.07 mg
- Selenium: 0.6 µg
Why does Lychee help in Weight Loss?
Lychees are a healthful alternative to sugary meals. It is a super source of dietary fiber, which aids in weight loss. You have honestly heard of numerous fruits that let you shed some pounds, but what makes lychee so unique?
Here are a number of the benefits of eating lychee for weight loss:
1. Lychees have a high water content
Lychees indeed have high water content. Research shows that the water content in lychees ranges from 80% to 90% in their overall weight.
This high water content contributes to their hydrating properties and may be useful for keeping proper hydration levels within the normal levels.
Additionally, the water in lychees helps in regulating body temperature and facilitates various physiological processes.
Consuming lychees can be a good way to increase water intake, especially during periods of increased water loss through perspiration or physical activity.
2. It helps to break down fats
Lychees are rich in vitamin C, which is an important nutrient involved in the synthesis of carnitine.
The movement of fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they are broken down for energy production, depends on carnitine. A sufficient dose of vitamin C may promote ideal carnitine synthesis and so indirectly aid in fat metabolism.
Antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols may be found in lychees. These substances provide anti-obesity effects to your body.
Some research suggests that these antioxidants may help modulate fat metabolism and reduce the accumulation of body fat.
3. Lychees contain fewer calories
Lychees are considered a low-calorie fruit, which means they contain relatively few calories compared to many other foods. On average, a single lychee fruit contains approximately 6-7 calories.
This low-calorie content makes lychees a suitable option for individuals who are conscious about their calorie intake or following a calorie-restricted diet.
Lychee carries only 15 grams of sugar and zero saturated fat. It is excessive in fiber which is a macronutrient needed for weight reduction.
It is an outstanding preference because it contains very low calories and permits you to easily live a calorie-deficit lifestyle to lose weight.
4. It helps to improve digestion
Lychees can potentially improve digestion due to their fiber content and high water content. The fiber in lychees helps promote regular bowel movements and prevent constipation. It adds bulk to the stool, facilitating smooth passage through the digestive tract.
Additionally, the high water content of lychees aids in hydration and the softening of stool, making it easier to pass. Including lychees as part of a balanced diet can contribute to a healthy digestive system and support overall gastrointestinal function.
Lychee might help you get rid of bloating since it controls bowel movements. For a personalized diet plan incorporated with lychees, you should consult a nutritionist right now.
How to Consume Lychee?
Here are some ways to consume lychees:
- Fresh Fruit: Enjoy lychees as a refreshing snack by peeling off the outer skin and eating the sweet and juicy flesh directly.
- Salads: Sliced lychees can be used to fruit or green salads to improve flavor and provide a hint of sweetness.
- Smoothies: To make a tasty and healthy smoothie, combine lychees with your favorite fruits, yogurt, and beverage of your choice.
- Desserts: Use lychees in desserts like fruit tarts, sorbets, or as a topping for ice cream.
- Cocktails: For a touch of tropical twist, add lychee juice or syrup to cocktails or mocktails.
How many Lychees to Eat in a Day?
The number of lychees consumed each day varies according to individual dietary requirements and goals.
According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 6-10 lychees per day is an acceptable portion. Because lychees are high in natural sugars, moderation is essential.
Potential Downsides of Lychee
Lychee is typically secure to eat, but there are some drawbacks to be aware of:
- High in sugar: Lychees’ high sugar content and glycemic index lead them to be undesirable for diabetics if ingested without moderation.
- Allergy: Some people may be allergic to lychees, displaying signs which include redness, itching, shortness of breath, or swollen lips.
- Hormonal imbalance: Lychee eating without moderation also disturb the hormonal balance, which may show some signs of sore throat and fever.
- Gestational diabetes: Although lychee benefits in pregnancy are many, pregnant women with diabetes need to take caution because of the fruit’s glycemic index and all the expected dangerous effects.
If you are extreme about losing weight, keep in mind that you should keep a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, it’s a wonderful idea to consult a nutritionist to make a diet plan specific to your needs.
1. Is lychee good for the skin?
Litchi contains vitamins and antioxidants that can help protect your skin from free radical damage. It is the key to youthful and perfect skin. It also contains vitamin C, which helps in the reduction of hyperpigmentation, acne, fine lines, and wrinkles.
2. Is lychee hot or cold for the body?
Lychee has a cooling impact on your body, which helps you combat the searing summer heat. The reason behind this is that it is a source of various nutrients and minerals.